Regional Museum of Guadalajara
Its construction began around 1742 and concluded 16 years later, and built in stone factory. Its original use was the school-seminary of Mr. San José. During the War of Independence, it was the headquarters of the insurgent troops and the jail of Spaniards. In 1863 the ground floor was occupied with the State Library and towards the second part of the 19th century, it shared the building with the Liceo de Varones. As Museum was inaugurated on November 10, 1918 on the initiative of Jorge Encizo and Ixca Farias with the name of Museum of Fine Arts, Ethnology and instruction of Fine Arts and Artistic Education of Guadalajara. The latter being its first director until his death, from March 16, 1873 to November 14, 1947. It is part of the National Institute of Anthropology and History since its creation in 1939. It opened its doors to the public as a regional museum in the year of 1976.
Calle Liceo 60, Zona Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal. Guadalajara México